EREV SHABBAT SERVICES
A synagogue has many roles, but its most fundamental is to be a house of worship. Since at least the beginning of the twentieth century, the centerpiece of Temple B’nai Abraham worship is the Friday evening service, Erev Shabbat, when we welcome Shabbat. Over the decades, as times have changed, congregational leaders have varied that service to meet the tastes, needs and desires of an evolving world and an evolving community of congregants. A study of synagogues in the last century and a half would be a study in diverse prayer books, music and worship styles, and that principle continues today. All Friday Evening Shabbat Services all year begin at 6:30 PM
Tot Shabbat Services 2018-2019
Fridays, at 5:45 PM
Throughout the year, preschoolers and their parents are encouraged to join us for a lively Tot Shabbat service. Led by our rabbi and cantor, we welcome Shabbat with singing, clapping, stories and celebration! Tot Shabbat is followed by a pizza dinner with either a craft project, or Shabbat/holiday story or event. Prayers, Songs, Stories and Lots of Fun! All Services are on Fridays @ 5:45 PM and include a pizza dinner.
December 7 (Hanukkah)
SUMMER SERVICES:All begin same times as services during the year.
- Friday evening services: 6:30 PM (outdoors on the patio, weather permitting)
- Saturday morning Parashat HaShavuah: 9:00 AM
- Saturday morning services: 10:00 AM
All services are led by members of the clergy. To ensure that our worship continues with vigor and spirit throughout this slower paced time of year, as well as to be certain those who come to say kaddish are able to do so in a warm, friendly setting, we ask each Temple member to make an effort to attend Saturday morning services at least once during the summer. A critical mass of worshipers makes a wonderful difference for all who are present. With thanks for your collaboration, and best wishes for a restful and relaxing summer.(photo courtesy of Merle Kalishman)
SATURDAY MORNING SERVICES
Shabbat Morning: 10:00 AM Sanctuary
Junior Congregation: from 9:30 to 11:00 AM in the Brody Youth Lounge
Summer Morning Services: 10:00 AM (begin the same time as regular Saturday morning Shabbat Services)
Jr. Congregation 2018-2019
Saturdays 9:30 –11:00 AM in the Brody Youth Lounge
October 6, November 17 & December 15, 2018
January 12, February 9, March 9 & April 6, 2019
- Sign in DOWNSTAIRS for Junior Congregation service attendance credit.
- Sign in UPSTAIRS (next to ladies’ rest room) for credit when attending regular Shabbat services.
- 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th grade students will be meeting in the Brody Youth Lounge
- Junior Congregation meets once a month and is designed to help your children become comfortable leading the service here at TBA. We ask each family to do their best to have the children attend 8 services during the year.They can include:Junior Congregation, Holidays (sorry- Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kippur do not count toward services attended !), Sunday Morning Men’s Club Minyan, and Friday night or Saturday Shabbat services.Please make sure that your child signs in downstairs for Junior Congregation in the Brody Youth Lounge. If they are attending a non-Junior Congregation service, have your child sign the book located on the table outside of the ladies’ rest room.