Mitzvah Morning Photo GalleryCollections for Mitzvah Day, Midday Run & Turkey Drive
TEMPLE B’NAI ABRAHAM MITZVAH WEEK/DAY 2020
Mitzvah Week/Day 2020 was—to say the least—unusual BUT FANTASTIC. No Pandemic could possibly quash the volunteer spirit at our beloved Synagogue!!
The day began with a Men’s Club Minyan sponsored led by Rabbi Vaisberg and Max Edwards at 8:30 AM.
Our Mitzvah Week projects were a big hit:
- LUNCHES OF LOVE – were distributed to 3 Churches in Newark (St. John’s, St. Ann’s and St. Michael’s) sponsored by the Social Action Committee, Project Volunteer Coordinator: Janet Penn.
- COOKIES FOR CARING FIRST RESPONDERS – Livingston Police, Fire and Emergency Services were grateful for two huge boxes of goodies, Sponsored by Sisterhood—The Women’s Connection, Project Volunteer Coordinator: Deborah Jacob, Sisterhood Co-President.
- COVID-19 MASKS – distributed to local area residents. Project Volunteer Coordinator: Ruth Ross.
- DOGGIE TOYS FOR FURRY FRIENDS – distributed to a local animal shelter. Project Volunteer Coordinator: Betty Rubin.
- FEED OUR FEATHERED FRIENDS – this was a fun project helping birds who often have difficulty finding food. Project Volunteer Coordinator: Ruth Ross.
Our various collections were quite successful with such a greater need for some very necessary items such as:
- CHILDREN’S BOOKS, GAMES, & PUZZLES with Project Volunteer Coordinators: Honi & Bennett Wasserman.
- GIRLS HELPING GIRLS.PERIOD (feminine hygiene products) with Project Volunteer Coordinator: Arlene Bookbinder.
- DIAPER DRIVE with Project Volunteer Coordinator: Debbie Ziering, Erika Lippman.
Our co-chair for the Social Action Committee, Ruth Ross, undertook several exceptional tasks of not only recruiting new volunteers but providing valuable project guidance with a variety of instructions and images to make our Mitzvah Week fun for the whole family!
Many thanks to our clergy, leaders and awesome volunteers who went above and beyond in frigid weather to volunteer. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. 💕💕💕
Janet O. Penn, Social Action Co-Chair