Important COVID-19 Information
March 12, 2020
To the Temple B’nai Abraham community,
We write today with important information regarding COVID-19 and our evolving response to this communal challenge and public health pandemic. There is a lot of information in this message. Please review it carefully.
We are living in a time of anxiety, fear, and many unknowns. At times like this, we are most in need of community support, and we are doing all we can to keep community functions running for as long as we can safely do so, while doing what we can to keep everyone healthy and prevent the spread of the virus.
We recognize that coming together in prayer is not just an act of religious commitment, it is also an expression of community, one which provides spiritual and emotional sustenance. We are committed to continuing to oﬀer Shabbat services in person as long as it is safe to do so, while ensuring that those services are available via Live Stream, which is now accessible without a password. If you need assistance with technology or wish to borrow a siddur, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- All adult learning and committee meetings (including Parashat Hashavua) will be conducted via Zoom only, ( links available the temple website) . Direct communications will be forthcoming in connection to coming classes and meetings.
- B’nai mitzvah lessons will be conducted via FaceTime or Zoom (rehearsals in person). The JLP has made Zoom contingency plans as well.
- For the time being there will be no onegs, pre-onegs, nor kiddushes in the Joachim Prinz Library.
- In-person visits from clergy will be available for emergencies only (973-348-5211). Please reach out to clergy by phone and email for all other matters.
- For shiva, we will provide families with shiva siddurim and an outline of services. We recommend that shiva be limited to family only.
- Monitor your health closely and, if sick, stay home. If one of your family members is sick, please stay home as well.
- When entering the Temple, please wash your hands or use the hand sanitizer, which is available by the entrance to the sanctuary.
Note that your clergy are available to you and happy to hear from you. Reach out if there are any issues you wish to discuss, if you or a loved one is ill (with COVID-19 or not!), or if you just wish to chat. For pastoral emergencies, please call clergy on the emergency line: 973-348-5211.
The state has set up a 24-hour hotline where trained healthcare professionals are standing by to answer questions about COVID-19. The number is 1-800-962-1253.
Temple B’nai Abraham serves as a sanctuary for many of us and provides not only a place to call home but a community of support, love, and inspiration. In uncertain times, community is all the more important. Even if, at the present moment, we cannot gather in all the traditional ways we are used to, may we continue to find all the ways we can to remain connected to each other and our holy work.
Rabbi David Z. Vaisberg
Rabbi Faith Joy Dantowitz
Cantor Jessica Epstein
Gail Milchman, Executive Director
Dr. Bruce H. Greene, President
photo courtesy Jan Press PhotoMedia
167th Annual Congregational Meeting-President's Report
TBA President Bruce H. Greene, D.O. High Holy Day Messages 5780/2019
From President Bruce Greene High Holy Day Messages, Annual Meeting Reports and Other Remarks Archive
Contact President Bruce H. Greene
Bruce H. Greene, D.O.
Immediate Past President
Julie A. Silbermann
Jakob B. Halpern
Julie A. Silbermann 2013-2017
Edward Meinhardt 2009-2013
BJ Reisberg 2005-2009
Jeffrey D. Roth 2003-2005
Sandra L. Greenberg 1999-2003
Merle H. Kalishman 1995-1999
Ira M. Starr 1991-1995
Marilyn Rosenbaum 1987-1991
*Joel J. Rogoff 1983-1987
Peter M. Klein 1981-1983
Martin H. Kalishman 1977-1981
*I. Samuel Sodowick 1973-1977
*Abram Barkan 1971-1973
*Dr. Sol Parent 1969-1971
*A. Sam Gittlin 1965-1969
*Leo Brody 1963-1965
*Norman Feldman 1959-1963
*Leo Brody 1954-1959
*Louis Rosen 1953-1954
*Samuel Klein 1949-1953
*Michael A. Stavitsky 1939-1949
*Albert Hollander 1926-1939
*Phillip J. Schlotland 1913-1926
*William S. Rich 1896-1912
*Moritz Beria 1871-1896
*Lesser Marks 1853-1870