Assistant Rabbi Position Available
ASSISTANT RABBI POSITION AVAILABLE
Temple B’nai Abraham, founded in Newark in 1853, is a thriving, independent, and egalitarian congregation with a rich history located in Livingston, NJ, a suburb of New York City. Our Judaism is one that is both progressive and traditional, and while most of our members come from Reform and Conservative backgrounds, others have come from homes secular and Orthodox. Our congregation has approximately 800 households, including individuals, couples, and single- and dual-head of household families. We welcome interfaith and LGBTQ families and individuals.
We are looking to hire a new Assistant Rabbi. The position is full-time. The successful rabbinic candidate will be a dynamic team player, with demonstrated skill in creating vital relationships and strong congregational participation, blending tradition with modern liberalism in religious services, congregational activities and pastoral roles. The candidate would work closely with our other clergy (the Senior Rabbi and Cantor), along with educational professionals in our religious school, pre- school and our teen programming. The candidate should be comfortable working in areas of education for learners of all ages, B’nai Mitzvah preparation, social action, service-leading, and pastoral work. Most importantly, the successful candidate will serve as an active partner of a dynamic clergy team, responsible for his or her portfolio but collaborating in responsibilities.
We seek a proven inspirational and motivational leader whose creative approaches and practices have combined traditional and contemporary motifs and modalities to:
- Foster a strong sense of community for the congregation as a whole and for peer groups.
- Offer participatory religious services that draw growing levels of attendance.
- Supply pastoral care and congregational counseling as needed.
- Effectuate congregation-wide awareness of, and action in response to, global, national and local societal issues.
- Provide rabbinic contribution at all levels of educational activity within the congregation.
- Unambiguously and affirmatively welcome all who seek to share, explore, establish or maintain Jewish experiences.
Assistant Rabbi Position Date position is available: July 1, 2020
Curriculum vitae or resumes of interested candidates are now being accepted.
Please contact Executive Director Gail Milchman at firstname.lastname@example.org