Carpool Information Tuesday/Thursday 2016-2017
A Guide to Surviving Carpool
at Temple B’nai Abraham Jewish Learning Program
Tuesday/Thursday Procedures and Map
We are excited that our Jewish Learning Program enrollment continues to be so full!. After much careful planning, it is imperative that all drivers follow the procedures listed below, and follow instructions from any and all Traffic Safety staff. We need everyone’s patience and cooperation especially during the first few weeks of school. The safety of our children and staff is the main goal.
DROP OFF INSTRUCTIONS
Drop off is between 3:45 and 4:00 PM.
ALL STUDENTS IN GRADES 3-6 SHOULD BE DROPPED OFF IN THE LOWER CIRCLE.
ALL STUDENTS IN K-2 GRADE SHOULD BE DROPPED IN THE UPPER CIRCLE NEAR THE SANCTUARY DOORS. A staff person will be there to greet you.
IF YOU HAVE A MIXED CARPOOL, DROP IN THE LOCATION OF YOUR YOUNGEST CHILD.
SLOWLY drive around the right side of the CIRCLE in a single line and park, discharging the children on the sidewalk side only. Do not pass another car while in the driveway. 3-6th grade students should gather in the lower level youth lounge for snack and Kehillah. Students in K-2 should gather in the main entrance lobby for snack and kehillah.
PICK UP INSTRUCTIONS
1) First Dismissal is at 5:30 pm. We will begin dismissal procedure in the school around 5:24 pm in order to ensure that we arrive to dismissal on time. If you are picking up early, please park in the third tier (green tier). Each day, every student will be given a name tag with their name and tier number. They will be asked to wear these for the first few weeks of school. We will dismiss earlier during the first few weeks to enable the children to have time to learn and understand the procedure.
2) All carpools will receive a color coded carpool tier assignment before the start of the school year. In order to be assigned a tier, please have one person from your carpool, email the names of every child in your carpool to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) All carpools with a K-2 student should park, with motors off, on the right hand side of the driveway descending into the lower circle or RED TIER. A carpool is considered a yellow carpool throughout the week whether the K-2 student is in attendance or not, and regardless of which adult is driving that day.
4) Jewish Learning Program staff will accompany rows of children to the tier to help them find their car. Only once all cars have been loaded will any instructions be given to restart your car and begin dismissal.
5) Second Dismissal is at 6:00 pm. Do not arrive before 5:45 pm as the parking lot will be full from the early dismissal. Please proceed down the main driveway to the lower circle or the red tier (see next page), following the directions of the facilities staff. All children in K-6 staying until 6:00 pm, will leave the building through this tier at 6:00 pm.
After all cars have exited, any remaining students will be brought down to the Jewish Learning Program for pick up in our office. If you are detained please call (973) 994-3950 as soon as possible. Here is to a safe year! Any questions, please contact the office at 973-994-3950.
Please email Brenda Small at email@example.com the first and last names of every child in your carpool by 8/1/2016